Overview of ECM
- Photos from our events (Flickr)
- Environmental Change-Makers logo
- video footage of our garden (YouTube)
ECM spokesperson Joanne Poyourow can be reached via voicemail at (310) 670-4777 or email.
The activities of Environmental Change-Makers have been in the news: magazines, radio, TV.
- “In the garden … a look at community gardens,” HomeTown News, April 2013. A full-color, centerfold spread which featured both of our gardens, the Community Garden at Holy Nativity and the Emerson Avenue Community Garden. Archive copy not yet online, blog version has no photos.
- ARD German National Public Radio, November 2012. ECM’s Joanne Poyourow interviewed about Transition. soundbites begin at around 8:20 and 12:15
- “Cultivating inner resilience in the face of crisis,” LA Yoga Magazine, May 2011. Article features ECM’s Peter Rood and Transition Mar Vista’s Swami Omkarananda.
- “Ballona LETS offers barter-based system”Daily Breeze, April 2011. Coverage of the kickoff of our Ballona LETS project (community-based finances).
- Radio Ecoshock, Feb 2011. ECM’s Joanne Poyourow talks about the Transition movement. MP3 download
- “Urban farm road trip: Los Angeles,” Urban Farm Magazine, Jan/Feb 2011. The Community Garden at Holy Nativity had a photo spread in this national magazine. Photos not online.
- “Entry Points: Church as Hosting Community” Christian Century, May 2010. Peter Rood’s ground-breaking perspectives on the changing role of church.
- “South LA Earth Fair,” online television Tonic, April 2010. Joanne Poyourow and Peter Rood, co-founders of the Environmental Change-Makers, are interviewed at the South LA Earth Fair. No longer online.
- “Greening LA: A Status Report on the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day”, on “Which Way LA?” KCRW, April 2010. ECM’s Joanne Poyourow is interviewed alongside TreePeople founder Andy Lipkis for KCRW’s Earth Day show.
- “Alt-Econ” KCRW, March 2010. Joanne Poyourow speaks about Transition Los Angeles, the Environmental Change-Makers, and ECM’s new LETSystem on Southern California’s leading National Public Radio affiliate
- “Life After Oil” Whole Life Times , April 2009. Transition Los Angeles, the organization that grew out of the Environmental Change-Makers, is prominently featured in this cover article of a national magazine.
- Harvest Westchester on the Channel 4 News NBC Los Angeles, March 2009. ECM’s Harvest Westchester project
- “Ripe for Charity” Daily Breeze, March 2009. ECM’s Harvest Westchester project
- “Energy Oscars Recognize Environmental Action…” Episcopal Life, December 2008. Environmental Change-Makers won an “Energy Oscar”
- “Westchester Church Trades Lawn for Food” The Daily Breeze, May 2008. ECM’s Community Garden project
- Environmental Change-Makers March in Westchester” IndyMedia, April 2007. The first time ECM hosted a Step-It-Up March for climate action
- additional media coverage … see Transition Los Angeles pages